Wednesday 3 December 2008

Dare Me - Metal Frame


I made this at the first craft course I have ever been to and finished it today (inspired by Wednesday Stampers dare which was metal) - maybe I manage a couple more metal items this week as I am hooked - soooo many possibilities. I have always lusted after the beautiful arty projects I see advertised in America and I finally found Linda Brown from LB Crafts Ltd and Leandra French from Paper Artsy who put together this day. All I can say is WOW!!


I can not follow a recipe to save my life. Be it cooking or anything crafty - I always end up doing it differently. But because there were so many interesting techniques and limited time, I followed the instructors quite closely. I just changed the sentiment on the frame to remind me to give myself a daily dare (it will hang above my desk). The result is simply stunning and I can not recommend their courses highly enough. Great instructors, fabulous room set up with tons of equipment and materials to use. I was sitting with a group of women who are regulars and they could not stop singing their praises.
They have got a whole weekend course coming up next year...............

11 comments:

Faye said...

Odette, this is a stunning ornament. I love the lovely design.

Sandy said...

Wow this is absolutely stunning.
Brilliant work.

Astrid Maclean said...

Odette, this is simply fabulous. I saw a very similar piece in one of the last issues of Craft Stamper, think it was the November issue. Must have been made on the same course. Oh how I wish I could attend one. But bonny Scotland is just a wee bit too far away...:0(
Could you tell me where you got the metal?

Unknown said...

Beautiful beautiful result! You must be so pleased! It sound like it was a really fun craft course!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is amazing! I'm so glad you finished it. Very very cool.

Stempelfrosch said...

Wow, what a fantstic work! Brilliant!
LG Anke

Anja said...

that looks great,love all the details!

Maggie Ann said...

What a treasure you have created! I love it!!!!

Angela Sturm said...

This metal frame is stunning !!!

Rika said...

Gorgeous arch!

patjsun said...

Absolutely fabulous. SOOO love it!!! Is it going in the shop to purchase???? :-)

Whats with "Odette"?!

x